From 9 April to 30 June 2019, at Palazzo delle Esposizioni the exhibition conceived and curated by Anna Cestelli Guidi e Francesca Rachele Appendisano, with scientific contributions Franco would e Graziano Tisato. over 120 works audio and video documents, photo, original scores, archive materials, EXHIBIT interactive, listening areas and electronic equipment used by artists to explore their vocal potential.
Focusing on three artists differently provocative and eclectic, whose research has demonstrated how, to be thoroughly explored, the voice must be freed from the need to signify and communicate. Art and science come together in an amazing fusion in artistic experiences and research of:
- Cathy Berberian, mezzo-soprano and composer. His musical composition Stripsody It is one of the exceptionality of the exhibition.
- Demetrio Stratos, founder of Area, the experimental group of progressive Italian, that has "dissected the instrument voice and studied in its physio-biological functioning" (G.Tisato).
- Carmelo Bene, the immense actor and director, that in his concert Shows He has investigated the expressive potential of voice through the amplification and sampling tools.
The voice of the Body
The exhibition aims to accompany the visitor to a real discovery of one of the greatest human potential. You can get in touch with the artistic avant-garde of the '900 that have begun to break the tie, hitherto untouchable, between the meaning of the word and its sound. Hear and see the performance of Cathy Berberian, Demetrio Stratos e Carmelo Bene, with which closes the exhibition, become missed opportunities to deepen knowledge and awareness of what can produce the sound, that is born within us filling up with feeling.
For this art connects science with two sections that present themselves as the voice is a fact locomotor. The first, treated by a doctor-surgeon and specialist in Otorhinolaryngology and Phoniatrics Franco would, that through the analysis of the anatomical operation accompanies us to the discovery of the mystery of the oral cavity from which develops the voice; the second, clean yes Graziano Tisato, researcher at the Institute of Science and Technology of Cognition-CNR of Padova, It consists of three interactive stations through which visitors can explore and experiment with different voice effects.
Furthermore, for who wants, You can play and have fun going into deeper contact with your own voice through voice warming conducted by teachers of the Method Linklater present. Every Saturday and Sunday from 11.00, starting every 20 minutes, participation is included in the ticket subject to availability.
The exhibition will be enhanced by a series of film events, seminars and related meetings, that complete the ambitious study on the topic of voice, as widespread as little debated except in specialized circuits. Below calendars:
For the exhibition A Voce Alta at the Sala Cinema, staircase of Via Milano 9a, The seminars will take place at all 18.30, free admission to availability. The seats will be assigned from one hour before the event. It can book reserved only for owners of PDE card. The entrance will not be allowed to start Event.
- Angela Ida De Benedictis and Stefano Catucci, Cathy Berberian: The singing voices - 8 May
- Franco would, How Does Voice - 15 May
- Francesca Rachele Appendisano and Bruna Filippi, Carmelo Bene. On the whole nothing - 22 May
- The Female of vocalism, Seminar studies by Valentina Valentini - 29 May
- Gianni Emilio Simonetti, Among Eco and Dora. The pollen and Metis – 5 June
For the exhibition See item at the Sala Cinema, staircase of Via Milano 9a, the projections are provided at 21.00. Free admission subject to availability. The seats will be assigned from one hour before each screening. It can book reserved only for owners of PDE card. The entrance will not be allowed to start Event.
- Berberian sound studio – 2 May
- The love – 3 May
- Private parts – 4 May
- Radiofreccia – 5 May
- Working Slowly – 7 May
- Her – 8 May
- White noise Do not listen – 9 May
- Split – 10 May
- Psycho – 11 May
- God exists and lives in Brussels – 12 May
- The apparition – 15 May
- There is music and music, tribute to Carmelo Bene – 16 May
- La voce Stratos – 17 May
- Spot! 20 minute work, Anna Celestini Guidi - themed composition and video Stripsody of C.Berberian 17 - May, Participation included in the ticket price.
- Spot! 20 minute work, Francesca Rachele Appendisano - themed works by C.Bene and introduction to the video of the Laboratory Theater Biennale di Venezia 1988 – 7 June, Participation included in the ticket price.
- my Voice, meeting with the actress Luisa Merloni parents and children together to experience how the body may sound - 12 May hours 11.00, cost 8 €. Reservations recommended 06 39967500 (2€)
- The contemporary art Item, for students. Meeting at the Auditorium with the curator Anna Cestelli Guidi after a visit to the exhibition – 30 May hours 10.30
- The contact Art, visit conducted by the curators dedicated to the public blind and visually impaired together - 12 June at 17.00. Participation included in the ticket price. Reservations required at email@example.com
Homage to Carmelo Bene with the projections 5, 12, 19, 26 May always at the Sala Cinema, staircase of Via Milano 9a, the projections are provided at 17.00. Free admission subject to availability. The seats will be assigned from one hour before each screening. It can book reserved only for owners of PDE card. The entrance will not be allowed to start Event.
Info, Timetable and prices
The voice of the body. Carmelo Bene, Cathy Berberian, Demetrio Stratos
From 9 April to 30 June 2019, Palazzo delle Esposizioni Via Nazionale 194
SCHEDULE: Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 10.00 at 20.00.
Friday and Saturday from 10.00 at 22.30. Monday closed
TICKET: Adults € 10,00, Reduced € 8,00, Children aged 7 to 18 years € 6,00
Free admission for children up to 6 years. Open Ticket € 13,50
TEL.: 06 39967500